COVID Policies & Procedures
Winter 2023 Covid-19 Policies
If you have a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, immediately email Jen Jaynes (email@example.com)
Rehearsals, classes, and performances are planned to take place in-person at MacGuffin Theatre & Film Company for Winter 2023.
- As of September 1, 2022, MacGuffin Theatre & Film Company is not requiring masks to be worn by teachers or students, however, any student or teacher that wants to wear a mask is welcome to do so.
- If a teacher or student has a COVID-19 exposure and exhibits symptoms of COVID-19, they must tests negative the morning of their rehearsal/class/performance and have their full vaccination series/booster, to participate that day. They must wear a mask while in the building and closely monitor themselves for symptoms of COVID.
- If a teacher or student tests positive for COVID-19, they are not allowed to come to MacGuffin until either their 5-day isolation period is over, or they test negative. They are required to continue to wear a mask around others for an additional 5 days following their isolation period/negative test.
- Students/teachers who may have been exposed to COVID-19 while at MacGuffin will be alerted by email and recommended to test themselves for COVID-19, monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, and wear a mask when at MacGuffin for the next 10 days. Masks should fit properly—covering the nose, mouth, and chin without constant need for adjustment.
- Proof of vaccination is not required to participate in or attend MacGuffin events, however, all MacGuffin teachers are vaccinated.
- If there is a significant resurgence of the pandemic, infections within our school, or similar public health event, rehearsals and performances may be held online or students may be required to comply with safety measures, which may include wearing a properly-fitted mask, temperature checks, and other measures as may be determined by the school and state and federal guidelines. There will be no tuition credit, carryforward, or refund in these situations.
Covid Liability Waiver and Indemnification:
By registering for a class, attending an event, and/or participating in a production with MacGuffin Theatre & Film Company, all registrants are agreeing that participation in the aforementioned is voluntary, assume the risk associated with exposure to Covid-19 by participation in a public gathering, and agree to waive any and all liability against MacGuffin Theatre and any host location, and any of the owners, officers, directors, managers, and employees, or other representatives of such entities for exposure to Covid-19.
All COVID guidelines are subject to change as the situation evolves. Any major changes will be communicated to enrolled families immediately and subsequently be updated here.