Covid Liability Waiver and Indemnification:
By registering for a class, attending an event, and/or participating in a production with MacGuffin Theatre & Film Company, all registrants are agreeing that participation in the aforementioned is voluntary, assume the risk associated with exposure to Covid-19 by participation in a public gathering, and agree to waive any and all liability against MacGuffin Theatre and any host location, and any of the owners, officers, directors, managers, and employees, or other representatives of such entities for exposure to Covid-19.
All COVID guidelines are subject to change as the situation evolves. Any major changes will be communicated to enrolled families immediately and subsequently be updated here.
As per national and local guidelines, we are allowed to resume services indoors currently. As a cross section for a variety of schools and communities, MacGuffin will be diligent in its responsibility of maintaining the safest community and environment possible for our students and instructors. For the Spring Session of classes/events/rehearsals:
- All students and instructors will be masked upon entering the building.
- Class/rehearsal sizes will be limited.
- Class spaces will be equipped with air filters.
- Parents/caregivers/siblings should only enter the building if absolutely necessary or invited by the staff for a meeting, event, or production and must be masked at all times.
- Students should not arrive more than five minutes before the start of a Saturday class (unless instructed by a MacGuffin staff member) to keep the lobby, backstage, hallways, and Green Room from overcrowding.
Parents/Guardians/Caregivers are required to pre-screen their children before coming to class.
- If you have a confirmed or suspected case of COVID, DO NOT COME TO MACGUFFIN. Please contact Liz Fredette immediately.
- Do you, your child, or anyone in your household have either cough or shortness of breath? If YES to either, do not come to class/rehearsal.
- Do you, your child, or anyone in your household have any of the following? Fever, sore throat, chills, muscle pain, headache, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, congestion/runny nose, new loss of taste or smell. If YES to TWO (2) or more, do not come to class/rehearsal.
- Have you, your child, or anyone in your household been exposed to anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 10 days? If YES, please contact Liz Fredette or Emma Ditnes to discuss the circumstances around the exposure before attending any in-person classes, rehearsals, or events at MacGuffin. If you are informed of an exposure less than 24 hours before the start of a class/rehearsal/event and are unable to speak with Liz or Emma directly, you may not attend.
We are maintaining our commitment to wearing masks at this juncture.*** Our teachers have ALL been vaccinated and will wear masks at all times in communal spaces with students. All students must be masked for their classes and should mask upon entering the building. Masks should fit properly—covering the nose, mouth, and chin without constant need for adjustment.
***For some events and performances, the performers will unmask for their time on stage. Audience members are all expected to keep masks on. We thank you for your cooperation in this effort to keep our performers space, especially as we represent a mixed community; specifically in terms of age, vaccination eligibility, and school representation.
Hand sanitizer use is highly encouraged by all participants and will be available.
Once our session begins, there are no tuition refunds. In signing up for a session, families understand that they are securing this slot for their child whether or not they end up attending.
Should the city of Philadelphia mandate a return to virtual classes for Publics Schools and/or extracurricular activities, or should the MacGuffin Staff and/or Board of Directors deem a return to virtual classes is in the best interest of our community, MacGuffin classes will resume on Zoom and there will be no refunds for the session.
EXPOSURE DEFINITIONS AND PROCEDURES
It is at MacGuffin’s discretion to refuse participation in class or rehearsal should they deem it necessary.
For the purpose of this plan, a Covid exposure, as currently defined by the CDC, is:
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has a confirmed case of Covid-19 for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over the course of 24 hours (for example, three individual 5 minute exposures for a total of 15 minutes), regardless of masking.
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with Covid-19.
- You had direct physical contact with someone who has a confirmed case of Covid-19. (hugged or kissed them)
- You shared eating or drinking utensils with someone who has a confirmed case of Covid-19.
- Someone who has a confirmed case of Covid-19 sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you.
If there is a known case of exposure in the hosting location, meaning a person with a confirmed case of Covid-19 has entered the classroom, in addition to the stringent, pre-existing cleaning measures, there will be a terminal clean.
Any MacGuffin teacher who develops symptoms of COVID-like illness (see pre-screening above) will not teach. Depending on the circumstances, either another teacher will substitute the class in-person, the class will be held via Zoom, or the class will be rescheduled at the teacher’s discretion.
Should your student/s or anyone in your household, have a known direct exposure to someone who has a confirmed case of Covid-19, it is required that you do not come to class and contact Liz immediately at LFredette@MacGuffinTF.com
Notifications and Exposure Plan
Prior to making any significant “doing less” changes (ie: removing masks, etc), MacGuffin will contact enrolled* families.
If a student has a confirmed exposure (see definition above) or is deemed a “close contact” of a known positive case outside of MacGuffin, but has NO symptoms:
- UNVACCINATED STUDENTS should quarantine from all MacGuffin activities for at least 10 days from the last known contact date of the exposure, providing no symptoms develop. Quarantine may be shortened to seven (7) days if the student has a negative PCR (not rapid test) no more than 48 hours before they leave quarantine and at least five (5) days after exposure In other words: if the exposure was more than seven (7) days prior to the class/rehearsal/event and there was a negative PCR (not rapid) test result from the exposed person between days five (5) and seven (7) since exposure, then the person may re-enter on day eight (8) (count begins the day AFTER the exposure). The family/student must provide proof of the negative test and the date it was administered.
- FULLY VACCINATED STUDENTS should quarantine from all MacGuffin activities until a negative PCR test result is given with the test administered between days three (3) and five (5) days from last known date of exposure (count begins the day AFTER the exposure). The family/student must provide proof of vaccination, the negative test result, and the date it was administered.
- Please notify Liz at LFredette@MacGuffinTF.com immediately so we can jointly determine if the known exposure has already impacted MacGuffin as a whole.
If a student or instructor has a confirmed diagnosis of Covid-19:
- All attendees in the same pod (see above exposure definition), will be notified and classes/rehearsals will resume via Zoom for this pod until the instructor has been cleared to resume in-person activity based on the exposure/quarantine/isolation guidelines outlined here, after which we will return to in-person classes. Any classroom attendee who develops symptoms should contact their healthcare provider.
2 . In accordance with DPH guidance, all Covid-19 positive individuals should remain home until all of the following are true:
- At least 10 days since the onset of symptoms AND
- Fever-free without fever-reducing medications for 24 hours AND
- Symptoms are improving AND
- A negative PCR COVID test result is confirmed and received
*enrolled – students registered for classes, MacGuffin troupe members, or cast of any production in rehearsal