At MacGuffin, we’re ready to help you grow as an actor!
1 Week Theatre Camps for Youth Ages 7-10/11
This summer MacGuffin is offering 4, 1-week theatre camps for youth ages 7-10. Each week will feature a musical or play. Each camp will be held Monday – Friday from 9:30am – 3:30pm. On the Friday of each week there will be a performance at 7pm. Sign up for one or ALL of them! These camps will get you in sync with your fellow actors and having a great time. Learn to project your voice, take your dance moves to the next level, and interpret these fantastic songs and texts as only you can.
Here’s how it will work:
1. Sign up for camp! Click the button below.
2. In May we’ll announce the audition songs or monologues for the musical or play.
3. Practice and memorize your audition song or monologue.
4. On Day 1 everyone in the camp will audition for director, Jen Jaynes.
5. The cast is announced. Rehearsals begin. The schedule is below.
6. Perform your show on the Friday night of your week-long camp at 7pm (except for ANNIE, which will be at 5pm)
9:30-10 Warm ups
10-11 Rehearsal 1
11-12:30 Rehearsal 2
1:30-2:30 Rehearsal 3
2:30-3:30 Rehearsal 4
- Week 1 will feature the musical Disney’s 101 Dalmatians Kids June 19-23
Music and Lyrics by Mel Leven, Randy Rogel, Richard Gibbs, Brian Smith, Martin Lee Fuller and Dan Root, Book Adapted and Additional Lyrics by Marcy Heisler, Music Adapted and Arranged by Bryan Louiselle based on the Screenplay by Bill Peet, based on the Novel “The Hundred and One Dalmatians” by Dodie Smith
In a loving home in the city of London, canine parents Pongo and Perdita happily raise their Dalmatian puppies until the monstrous Cruella De Vil plots to steal them for her new fur coat! Join all the dogs of London as they daringly rescue the puppies from Cruella’s bumbling henchmen. With a delightfully fun score, lovable characters, and one of the most deliciously evil villains in the Disney canon, 101 Dalmatians KIDS is certain to charm and delight audiences of any age.
- Week 2 will feature the musical, Disney’s The Jungle Book June 26-30
Book adapted by Marcy Heisler Music by: Richard M. Sherman, Robert B. Sherman and Terry Gilkyson Music adapted by Bryan Louiselle
Music arranged by Bryan Louiselle Lyrics by Richard M. Sherman, Robert B. Sherman and Terry Gilkyson Additional lyrics by Marcy Heisler
Banished by the ferocious tiger, Shere Khan, a human boy named Mowgli and his panther friend, Bagheera, are on the run in the deepest parts of the jungle. On their journey, the two meet a sinister snake named Kaa, a herd of elephants and a giant bear named Baloo, who teaches them the swingin’ musical rhythms of the jungle. After surviving a dangerous encounter with a band of monkeys led by King Louie, Mowgli and Bagheera are forced to run for their lives. When Shere Khan returns, our heroes must rally their fellow animals into battle and restore peace throughout the jungle.
- Week 3 will feature the play, The Play We’re In July 3-7 (off on July 4) – $40 Discount
Inspired by the children’s book by Mo Williem entitled We’re In a Play, written by John Rea
In this hilarious comedy, young actors discover how a play is made and their role in it.
- Week 4 will feature the musical, Annie July 10-14
Book by Thomas Meehan Music by Charles Strouse Lyrics by Martin Charnin
Based on the popular comic strip, Annie tells the extraordinary story of a little orphan who spends ends up in the lap of luxury with Depression-era billionaire Oliver Warbucks.
– Tuition is fully refundable up until May 15. 50% refund from May 16 through June 19 at 8:30am. No refunds after June 19 at 8:30am.
– Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
– A limited number of scholarships and work/study positions are available for MacGuffin classes and camps on a financial need basis. Learn More