Nate Nagvajara has been a proud member of MacGuffin’s This Side Up Comedy Improv Troupe for 3 years. As an actor at MacGuffin he appeared last spring in Romeo and Juliet and this spring in A Midsummer Night’s Dream where he played Nick Bottom.
MacGuffin Questionnaire for Nate Nagvajara
- What is your favorite word? Quizzical.
- What is your least favorite word? Probably any slur because slurs aren’t too cool.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? I like to draw inspiration from movies, the arts, and the environment I live in. As an improv comedian and actor, I always want scenes I’m in to feel natural and genuine and the best way to do that, I believe, is to draw up experiences from your life. Spiritually, I really enjoy nature and lately I have been trying to notice natural beauty. Emotionally and personally, I always find inspiration and support from my friends and family.
- What turns you off? Baggy clothing – that really gets me out of the mood or “turned off”
- What sound or noise do you love? Rain sounds really relax me.
- What sound or noise do you hate? Screams.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I think it would be cool to be a college professor. Teaching has always appealed to me, and to have enough knowledge in a certain field that you can teach at a higher educational institution seems really cool. Not to mention colleges get out in May so the schedule has its perks.
- What profession would you not like to do? Slaughterhouse employee.
- Who are your personal heroes? Mother and Father – they both push me to do my best, but also shower me with love.
- What is your favorite food and drink? Depends on the day, maybe fried chicken and RC Cola.
- What is your favorite color and flower? Crimson and chrysanthemum’s.
- What are your favorite names? For a boy, Wes, for a girl, Gertrude.
- What is your idea of happiness? Being able to feel no stress about life, and just let everything go with a smile outside and in.
- What famous quote resonates with you? “My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” (Kanye West) No just kidding! “Normality is a paved road it’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.” (Vincent Van Gogh) I think the goal in life (for me) is to do something different. Van Gogh is also one of my idols.
- If you could come back as any person in history, who would you be? James Dean.
- Name a recent theater piece or film that moved you. The Bad Seed. I thought it was a really cool play. I read it recently and I just saw the film adaptation.
- Name something that you learned at MacGuffin? I learned how to act. Along that line MacGuffin has showed me what it means to be a classy actor.