Charles Watson & Rosie Taranta on set in More Than Anything – the Movie.
Charles Watson is an eighth grader is Julia R. Masterman School. He has appeared in numerous productions at MacGuffin since 2014 including: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Part 1; a Staged Reading, High School Musical, and More Than Anything. He was the recipient of the Rising Star award in 2016.
MacGuffin Questionnaire for Charles Watson:
- What was it like to make your first movie? It was an incredible experience working on my first movie. One of the shots, where I had to make a basketball shot, took around 30 tries to make! The best part is, before we had started filming, I was telling the cameraman how bad I was at this kind of thing, and I got it I on the first try! When I finally made the shot used in the film, the entire cast cheered immediately afterwards.
- What was it like working with Rosie Taranta? Rosie Taranta was an amazing scene partner to have. She helped me with my lines, and we had a lot of fun jokes together behind the scenes. I remember watching her challenge John Rea, the director, to a game of cards. They did multiple matches, but she won every time.
- What is your favorite word? Defenestration (the act of throwing out a window).
- What is your least favorite word? Moist (pretty common choice, I’m guessing).
- Relate a moment in your life where you feel you changed as a person. What was the event that caused it? On the bus ride home from an All-City choir rehearsal last year.We were all singing at the top of our lungs, and I felt I had found where I belonged.
- What trait in others makes you crazy? Being a show-off.
- What sound or noise do you love? A single water droplet.
- What sound or noise do you hate? Incredibly deep noises.
- What profession other than acting would you like to attempt? Photography, or cartooning.
- What profession would you not like to do? Surgeon – I hate the sight of blood.
- Who inspires you – alive or dead? Danny Kaye.
- What is your favorite food and drink? Shrimp Scampi over pasta / Black-currant juice.
- What is your favorite color and flower? Lime green / Tiger lily.
- What are your favorite names? Anastasia / Sydney.
- What is your idea of happiness? Belting a song that’s actually in my vocal range.
- What famous quote resonates with you? “I wasn’t born a fool. It took work to get this way.” – Danny Kaye
- If you could come back as any person in history, who would you be? An actor on the Borscht Belt in the 50s.
- Name a recent theater piece or film that moved you. Coco.
- Name something that you learned at MacGuffin. You can start small, but eventually you can make your way to a larger role if you keep trying.